Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Going bananas!

(Ignore the missing piece! Someone stole a slice before I got my pic!)

We had some extra bananas this week, so I decided to try to make banana bread using a recipe from a friend. This baking session was also momentous because it was my first experience using the famed KitchenAid mixer that everyone raves about. In the past, my husband has always been my mixer : )

Banana Bread

3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cup of flour (we use whole wheat) & we also add fiber
Nuts are optional

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix.





Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour.
Cool on a rack.
Remove from pan and slice to serve.


My notes:

-I used 4 bananas so the bread needed to bake for about 8 minutes longer so it wasn't too wet

-I do like the mixer! It's so nice to watch a machine do all the work for you!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails