Monday, August 3, 2009

Simple, cute wall art



Over the weekend, I was in Crate & Barrel and something caught my eye. They had these awesome fabric-wrapped canvases in all different sizes as backdrops for their products. These canvases are SO easy to make and look great when you find the perfect fabric for your room.


All you do is buy a cheap canvas and then use a heavy-duty stapler to attach the fabric as shown below. For more detailed instructions, go here.


Here's some fun ideas I found:

Check out these groups of canvases from craft.dow.com

Or take it one step further with these unique ideas...

I'm definiely going to try something like this in our new house, so stay tuned for my own version!

4 comments :

  1. Oh what a cool idea! I had thought about doing this before but had never found so many cute pics. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabric wall art! If I wasn't having so much fun with acrylic paint, canvas, and mod podge, that would definitely be a neat project to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute and simple idea! Cheap too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you....we just bought a new house and I have had a hard time adjusting to the size our our walls in the new house. This is a great way for me to add color and big pieces of art work on a dime!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails