Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Rest your head on this comfy neck pillow

I've wanted one of these neck pillow for years to help keep the pain away while on a long car ride. But since I'm such a bargain hunter, I refused to pay a lot for one and decided to make one for FREE at home.

Supplies:
fabric
matching thread
sewing machine
pillow filling
scissors
needle
pins

Start by printing your pattern.
I made my own template using this image and blowing it up to the size I wanted.

Download this template.

Position your paper pattern on the fabric and pin.
Trace around the pattern and cut it out. You'll need two pieces for a front and back.

Place your two piece of fabric together with wrong sides out and pin.

Sew around the entire pillow with a .25" seam allowance.
Leave a 2 inch opening so you can add stuffing later.

Turn the pillow inside out so the good side of the fabric is showing.

Fill your pillow with stuffing. The more stuffing, the more comfortable and smushy it will be. But don't use too much or your seams will start to rip!

Fold over the edges of the opening and pin closed.

I usually hand-sew these because it's easier and it's such a small area.
Machine sewing works too.

Lean back and relax!

3 comments :

  1. It's so hard to find one of these with a cute pattern. Great solution to make your own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails