Friday, February 11, 2011

Happy Little Pleasures

I think everyone needs to remember to take some time to focus on the Happy Little Pleasures in life. I'm guilty of hardly ever doing this, so I decided it was time for another HLP post. Here's what made me happy recently...

Pesto Sauce
I recently re-discovered pesto when we had some left after a recipe. I used to eat this stuff all the time in high school and I kinda forgot about it. In the last week, I finished off the jar and now I'm onto the next one! I love it mixed with some fresh cold pasta and a little parmesan cheese. Not the healthiest, but it's SO good!

Spring Crafts
Winter sucks. We just had a major blizzard and I'm over the snow and the cold. For the past few weeks, I've been inspired to start working on spring crafts to get ready for next season. Get excited because there's some cute & springy crafts on their way! For right now, I'll just daydream about the garden flag I made last year and hope I can put it out soon!

Trader Joe's Ravioli
I could do an entire post just on the amazing food at Trader Joe's, but I'll start with this one fabulous meal. These seem so simple and ordinary. I don't know what it is, but they are awesome! I dream about these things! They're good hot or cold, plain or with sauce, and fresh or leftover. I have to refrain from eating these every day!
Blue Bloods
I haven't been very impressed with a lot of the new tv shows this year, but this one got my attention. You may not have heard of this great tv show, so I wanted to share a little about it. Dramatic, great acting, good storylines, etc.

Here's some info from CBS: BLUE BLOODS is a drama about a multi-generational family of cops dedicated to New York City law enforcement. Frank Reagan is the New York City Police Commissioner and heads both the police force and the Reagan brood. A source of pride and concern for Frank is his eldest son Danny, a seasoned detective, family man, and Iraqi War vet who on occasion uses dubious tactics to solve cases. The sole Reagan woman in the family, Erin, is a N.Y. Assistant D.A. and newly single parent, who also serves as the legal compass for her siblings and father. Jamie is the youngest Reagan, fresh out of Harvard Law and the family's "golden boy;" however, unable to deny the family tradition, Jamie decided to give up a lucrative future in law and is now a newly minted cop.

What are your Happy Little Pleasures this week?

9 comments :

  1. mmmm Pasta!! I like this positve post for heading into the weekend... speaking of, the weekend is defienitely a Happy Little Pleasure for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love trader joe's-there one within walking distance at work. we go there a lot, and head straight to the sample station, lol. i can't wait to get out there and start spray painting, speaking of spring crafts. what made me happy this week...programs went really well, dinner and movie with friend, upcoming hgtv having (getting direct tv). have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you on the pesto sauce. I just posted about a pesto stromboli tutorial because I LOVE pesto :) Thanks for stopping by and have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, girl! You had me at Pesto! I looove that Pesto. I love it with pasta and shrimp. MMMM!

    Super cute flag! I love that! I'm ready for spring too.

    I loooooove Blue Bloods. It's definitely one of my favorite new shows!! Tom Selleck and Donnie Wahlberg? Um, yes please! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE pesto. Just a bit goes a long way and it makes things delicious. I SO wish we had Trader Joes here. Oh and H&M. My life would be complete with those two.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love pesto! I've tried making my own, but I have to admit I prefer the kind you mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, lovely, lovely pesto. It makes my mouth water just to think of it!!

    My happy little pleasure this week is.....seeing the snowdrops open and watch their droopy little heads look so pretty.

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUM! Cute garden flag - I'm with ya. Ready for spring!

    My happy little pleasure last week was 49 degrees yesterday (no snow!), our This Old House magazine feature, a box of chocolates and our new little kitty. :)

    Happy Valentine's Day, Lisa!

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohhhh ohhhh you so named mine!!! We so need to make up some of the pesto and the ravioli's for dinner! YUMMY! And Blue Blood double yum ... lol

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails